Speakers: Alfonso Rodriguez Lainz, PhD, DVM, MPVM – Epidemiologist, Division of Global Migration and Quarantine, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Objectives:At the end of the webinar, participants are expected to have increased knowledge and understanding of:
- The numbers and characteristics of the migrant/foreign-born workforce in the U.S, including farmworkers
- The impact of migration and social determinants of health on the health of migrant workers
- Data collection limitations on migrant health in the U.S.
- Current evidence on the health of foreign-born adults in the U.S: health advantages and disparities
- Recommended public health strategies on migrant health