Speakers: The presenter is Amy Ising, NC DETECT Program Director, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and President, Board of Directors, International Society for Disease Surveillance.
After the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define syndromic surveillance and describe the evolution of this definition over time
- Describe how syndromic surveillance fits within the larger public health surveillance arena
- Describe the strengths and limitations of this methodology
- Have an understanding of who is using syndromic surveillance and for what purpose(s)
- Know where to access more information about syndromic surveillance practice in the US and globally
Download recording link