Speakers: Laura Kramer, Ph.D., Kelly Wroblewski, MPH, MT (ASCP), Andrew Cannons
Following the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe how the biology of flaviviruses affect the ability to test for them.
- Summarize currently available assays and their challenges.
- Describe new approaches to testing for flaviviruses in general and Zika virus specifically.
- Explain the diagnostic challenges public health laboratories experienced during 2016-17 Zika response.
- Describe laboratories stand today regarding testing for Zika virus.
- Restate the status of arbovirus testing in Florida before Zika.
- Describe how Florida was able to build the testing capability during the outbreak.
- Discuss the current status of Zika virus testing at the Florida laboratory.