Culture-Independent Diagnostic Test (CIDT) Challenges – 6/28/2017
- Kristy Kubota, MPH, (APHL)
- Julie Hatch, MT(ASCP)
- Karim E. Morey, MS, M(ASCP)
- To describe national efforts by associations and groups working to address current challenges facing public health departments and laboratories with the uptake of multiplex nucleic acid amplified tests by clinical laboratories.
- To describe the efforts of the Oregon Health Authority to address increased CIDT usage and its effects on epidemiologic investigation.
- To describe the effects of CIDT on isolate recovery rates and the efforts from OSPHL to work with laboratory partners to look for better solutions to face these new challenges.