Alison Hinckley, PhD, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Scott Dahlgren, MSPH, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
By the end of the webinar participants will be able to:
- To describe what healthcare providers know about diagnosis and management of select tickborne diseases.
- To define what their practices are with regard to post-tick bite prophylaxis.
- To describe where healthcare providers obtain information regarding tickborne diseases.
- To understand reporting methods for tickborne rickettsial diseases in the United States.
- To describe changes in the reported epidemiology of spotted fever group rickettsiosis and changes in the range of the lone star tick in recent decades.
- To describe the association between the expanding range of the lone star tick with the changing epidemiology of spotted fever group rickettsiosis.